RE: [oletrucks] suspension swap

To: STELLMAN@noex.com, b_schluter@yahoo.com, agingles@nucleus.com,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] suspension swap
From: "Mike Stone" <mrston@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:38:50 GMT
I have not done this particular swap. However, articles I've seen on it, and
comments from people who have done it claim that 1/2" steel plate spacers
are required inside the frame rails, because the frame on the 73-87 frame is
one inch narrower in width. The track is wider on the later model PU.
Without changing wheels, the wheels may sit nearly flush with the fenders.
Someone on the list was planning to switch to a complete frame from a 73-87.
I don't know how that project is going. At least the track would be uniform.
Does anyone know of a supplier that makes an adapter plate to fit chevy
rotors to small f**d spindles, i.e.MII?  I think the Pacer's and some other
IFS options for AD trucks all use the same spindles ( at least they look the
same), and could be adapted to chevy rotors, calipers, etc. with such a kit.
I would appreciate comments if anyone knows a good source for such adapter
kits, and whether they fit only MII, or also Pacer, etc. The best part of
building one of these trucks is reading this list!