Re: [oletrucks] master cylinders

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] master cylinders
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 08:36:07 -500
I don't think you can use the master cylinder from a front disc rear
drum brake system on a 4 wheel brake system due to the different line
sizes being that they use small lines for the front and large for the
rear... The system was designed for use with disc on front and the
fluid needed to push the calipers closed is much less than the amount
needed for the rear drums.. You need a master cylinder for a drum
front drum rear.
rogerg

> From:          "Brian m" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
> To:            Passnb4U@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject:       Re: [oletrucks] master cylinders
> Date:          Sat, 06 May 2000 14:25:25 PDT

> hi all
> well, i went to pick-in-pulls half off day today. got a power booster, pedal
> assy. and master cylinder from an 85 camaro. but becuase the M/C is at such
> an angle, i also got a M/C from a 77 firebird. both have proportioning
> valves (are they needed if im useing 4 drums?) ive held it all in place, and
> from the way it looks, it should fit perfectly. the pedal hangs to about
> where the stock pedal is (but a lil more to the left, as the arm is on the
> left side of the colume) and the booster and M/C line up nice on the engine
> side, the lower left hand bolt on the dash support looks like it will be
> used to hold one of 4 courners of the M/C and pedals up. is this a good
> idea? what about this plate on the motor side? welding it up is no problem,
> as i have access to welders. but id rather not weld if i dont have to. also,
> i got a brake light switch that works mechanically, and it has 4 wires in
> it, im assuming 2 are for the brake lights, and 2 are for cruise control,
> but which is which, all i remember of the colors are that one swtich is blue
> and orange, and the other two are some other colors i forget.
> thanks,
> Brian
> Atwater, CA
> '57 chevy 3200