Re: [oletrucks] master cylinders

To: MKlepp4335@cs.com, rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] master cylinders
From: "Brian m" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 17:59:22 PDT
ok,
heres what all i have, tho its not all in and hooked up yet. i have a pedal,
booster, and master cylinder from an '85 camaro. im also useing the '85
proportioning valve. i plan on putting a residuel valve in the front, and
rear lines (for purposes ill go into later if anyone wants). for right now i
have 4 wheel drums, and im going to switch over to front discs this summer
(actually, in about a month or less). if brake line size and chamber size
were/are important, could they work for the short time ill have 4 wheel
drums?

im also going to put power steering into the truck this summer, i remember a
while back someone put power steering on the I-beam by bolting a 70s (?) box
onto the outside of the frame rail where the stock shock went, and relocated
the shock to the back. but i dont remember who or how they did it, does any
one have any tips, prices they could share with me on that topic? im most
likely going to either keep my original colume if i can, or get a Ididit
tilt colume from Kennys Rod Shop in turlock (lokar stuff, etc.)

one last question, how many of you have used chevy dutys, and old airs, and
vintage airs A/C kits for TF trucks? i like the one Pickups Northewest sells
(vintage air?) becuase the controls look just like factory deluxe controls.
anyone have any experiences with theses?

just a kid spending his graduation present/money
Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 Chevy 3200