[oletrucks] oil loss?

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] oil loss?
From: Allen Coblentz <wac8019@erinet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 18:17:56 +0000
Can oil slowly be pulled out of a 235 engine, through the road draft
tube?  I have lost about a quart of oil in the last 1500 miles....but I
can't see where.  I have no visable leaks, no oil stained areas on the
motor/bellhousing/ect, no "drips" on the driveway....nothing!  I even
checked the tail pipe with my finger...I don't think I'm burning it,
there's no 'blue smoke' at start-up or while driving and the tail pipe
is 'clean'.  I just wondered, if the purpose of the tube was to pull
crankcase fumes, can it pull small amounts of oil also?  Any ideas?

Allen Coblentz
'52 Chevy 3100