RE: [oletrucks] DMV Story

To: "Old Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] DMV Story
From: "Larry R. Kephart" <vpa@laroke.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 07:17:55 -0400
Most likely a little of both Whitney,

Of the multitudes that sign on to gov't service, a few are probably good
souls before they are worn down by the system. Winston Churchill said
something to the effect that Civil Servants are neither civil or servants.

Guess I'm a little feisty myself right now. Yesterday I got a notice from
the State that my insurance on BillyBob had been cancled by the insurer and
I needed to tell them immediately that I (A) no longer owned BillyBob, (B)
am not using BillyBob and am turning in tags and registration, or (c) Do
have new insurance info for them. The penalty for not responding immediately
to the Florida "BUREAU OF FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY" is suspension of driver
license, tag and registration!

I changed to a different insurance company for both my vehicles in March.
Funny thing that I only got a notice for BillyBob, the old 1955 1st series
Chevy truck, and not one for Renegade, my 1991 Jeep Wrangler.

Larry Kephart
1955 1st 3100 Chevy (BillyBob)
1991 Jeep Wrangler (Renegade)
Boca Raton, Florida