Re: [oletrucks] vapor lock remedies

To: "Oletrucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] vapor lock remedies
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:04:13 -0500
I am sure its just me, but I regard vapor lock along the same lines as Deer
Whistles or Snipe Hunting. When there is no gas, its a plugged or restricted
fuel line, when its no spark but only dies when hot, its usually a coil. Of
course it could be other things related, but vapor lock on an old truck is
rare to non existent. These things ran in any weather, any time. There is no
tougher or more reliable thing on the planet than an old 6 cylinder chevy
truck. Too many years of experience with these things with no vapor lock to
suspect it now. Of course a few more years and/or dealing with the public
too often and I could vapor lock, but thats another story!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html