[oletrucks] Clutch and Brake Levers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Clutch and Brake Levers
From: Barry Heigher <bheigher@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 22:08:49 -0700 (PDT)
While I have the truck in a million pieces, it seems a
good time to rework the clutch and brake levers among
the myriad of other things.  The levers rock sideways
slightly but enough to have caused wear in the
firewall openings. My thought was to remove the levers
and have them reamed out and then have a bushing
pressed in place. I am thinking a bronze bushing, but
not really sure why.

I would appreciate some feedback on this idea or I'd
like to hear about any other method one of you may
have tried.

Currently the cab is on its nose on the shop floor and
I am cleaning the underneath in preparation for
undercoating. All four lower corners had the typical
rusted out sections which I repaired with laminations
of fiberglass and bondo fill (I can hear the groans of
despair).  Turned out looking good, longevity is
another matter. If it eventually falls apart, then I
guess I will have a new project.
Thanks -- Barry
'47 3100

http://invites.yahoo.com/