[oletrucks] getting adapters on spindles for DB

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] getting adapters on spindles for DB
From: RobXR250@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:51:37 EDT
Ok, im a little, well........frustrated. I bought the front disc brake kit
from chevy duty for my '50 3100. I heated the adapters that go on the
spindles in my oven like one of the guys there told my to. I pounded the
adapters on to the spindles while they were still EXTREMELY hot, and got them
to go on only half way. What the hell do i do now!? I know a guy that has a
couple of presses, but i dont know if the spindles will come off of the axel.
Will they? Or can the adapters be pressed on to the spindles while the
spindles are still on the front axel.

Thank you, alot,
Rob