Re: [oletrucks] Weight of a stripped down 1/2 ton cab

To: joe <chevy1@jps.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Weight of a stripped down 1/2 ton cab
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:24:58 -0400
I lifted my cab with a chain fall as many do. I am however afraid of tweaking
the top of the cab if lifted in the middle of the door opening.  I now use a
home built fixture to lift across the opening in a wide area . I read on this
list that the 4 holes you may notice on the inside of the cab along the door
opening were factory lift  points for the cab. Don't know this is the case for
sure. I have, however noticed on a cab that I lifted in the middle with one
sling has a wider space in the top center of the door to cab spacing. Not sure
if it was there before I lifted or not but I don't like to take chances.

Grant
50 Chevy 3100 (driven all over)
52 GMC 150 (original)