Re: [oletrucks] Sway Bars & Steering Stabilizers.

To: Jays Mail <jaybaker@ruralnetwork.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sway Bars & Steering Stabilizers.
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:58:54 -0400
I can't really speak for the '41. My AD bar from a panel was a slight
improvement. Perhaps new bushings would of helped. Replacing these can add up
to some $. I found the new 1 and !/8 bar performed at least twice as good as
the panel bar. I bought mine from a truck vendor, but they are made by a
company who's name escapes me (someone help me here, is it Adco?) They make
after market bars for all different makes of muscle cars. I found the company
reps to be very helpful when I saw them at an all Chevy  Show. I had broken a
link and lost a couple urethane bushings. The truck vendor ran me around for
months trying to get new ones. I mentioned this to the company rep and I had a
new set at my house in 3 days-no charge. the bars are guaranteed. The broken
link may of been my fault, though they never tried to blame me. He just
mentioned you shouldn't tighten the urethane bushed links like you would
rubber. You should still be able to spin the bushing by hand after installing.

Grant