Re: [oletrucks] Generator Squeal?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Generator Squeal?
From: SnappyDog1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 01:57:49 EST
Back in the old days the points on my AD voltage regulators would stick on a
fairly regular basis, causing the ammeter to show a discharge when it should
have been charging or occasionally show a high charge after it should have
dropped down to just right of center.
My solution in those days was to give the voltage regulator one good whap
with a 16 oz RC Cola deposit bottle, though not so hard as to dent it.  After
that it would work fine for a few days or a few weeks 'till I had to whap it
again.  My passengers were always amused by my pulling over to the side of
the road in the middle of the night to administer this little ritual (a stuck
regulator is more apparent when the headlights are on).
This time around I just replaced the whole mess with an alternator, as 16 oz
RC Cola deposit bottles are now sort of hard to come by.

Barrett Revis
Sparks, NV

'53 3105
'48 3105