Re: [oletrucks] Generator Squeal?

To: "Rick Warren" <stovebolt@classictruckshop.com>, <bekett@uslink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Generator Squeal?
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 07:08:20 -0600
Guys,

Be a little careful here.  There are a few spots on the old trucks that are
different to lubricate than on newer models.  We all know the zirk fittings
and greasing, but the turn of the cup on  the distributor every month or so
or 1000 miles, and a couple of drops of whatever engine oil you are using in
the crankcase into the oil cups on the generator and starter are both a bit
unusual.

I think that keeping too much oil in the generator ("an oil level") will
eventually gum up the generator or starter.

Also, don't forget the felt around the carb pump shaft every few months,
too.

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock
1948 Chevrolet 3100, soon to be deluxe