Re: [oletrucks] Generator Squeal?

To: Oletrucks Board <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Generator Squeal?
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 00:23:34 -0600 (CST)
If the belt is too narrow, it will bottom out on the sheave and slip.  The
bottom of the sheave will be shiny.

V belts work by pinching themselves into the sides of the groove to get
traction on the sheave.  If they can't go tight against the sides of the
groove, they will slip.

If you belt is ribbed on the top, are you sure it didn't roll over in the
sheave and you are looking at what should be the bottom?

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN