RE: [oletrucks] 1950 1/2 ton brakes question

To: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>, <LonG4VT@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 1950 1/2 ton brakes question
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:58:27 -0400
If a new master cylinder was put and if it is not bench bled first, it'll
take forever to bleed the entire system. Always bleed the system starting
at the farthest wheel cylinder first--do the right rear first, then left
rear, right front, then left front.  I just went through my brake system
and man what a difference all new parts makes. --wayne

At 09:11 AM 4/26/02 -0400, Jhouse wrote:
>Lon,
>I have rebuilt my own brakes (MC and all WC) and have had EXACTLY the same
>spit up problem.  You are pushing down on the break pedal way to hard. It is
>a very very very soft push down and with luck this will then let bubbles up
>from the MC.  Keep the cap off and keep the reserve almost FULL.  It took me
>some time to get the air out of the MC but once it was out it all seems to
>work.  Is the truck on a VERY LEVEL SURFACE - it should be.  However if I do
>not drive the truck for a week or so I need to pump up the break to get
>pressure back into the system.  I never asked the list if this was an issue.
>
>NHJim

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.