Re: [oletrucks] TF V8 conversion

To: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF V8 conversion
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 16:02:36 -0800
If the six in your TF uses side mounts I think it must not be original.  I'm
pretty sure they were all front-mounted.  I could be wrong...  If its not
original its hard to know what you have, or what you might need.

I once had a 66 half-ton, and it actually sat next to a couple different
vehicles while they traded motors.  First I pulled the factory 327 out to
put in a nice 350.  Later that 350 went into a Blazer and the 283 (yes
someone had put a 283 in a Blazer) from the Blazer went into the 66.  That
second swap was in 1979 so this was a while back...  The 66 was an
automatic, so anything I could remember probably doesn't help.

I'm not going to be much help because I've never owned a TF and currently
the only people I know who have them are on this list.