Re: [oletrucks] TF V8 conversion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF V8 conversion
From: "stephen johnston" <stephenzone@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 19:40:41 -0500
Just did the conversion last year
does the bellhousing have mounts for the rear crossmember, cause if the
mount is on the rear of the transmission, that is to far of a stretch for
the drive train.  your straight six transmission linkage will work, If the
283 previously had side mounts the front bosses will have to be tapped, not
a big issue. basically is if the motor used front mount the transmission was
mounted at the bellhousing, if the motor was side mounted. good chance the
transmission was rear mounted. i used a bellhousing out of a 64 canadian gmc
(w/ 283) but the donor for the trany was a 69 chev w/ a straight six which
also had the bellhousing mounts. then i still ran into problems w/ the rear
hole of the bellhousing. the 4 hole to bolt the trany still line up.

steve 55 TF gmc