Re: [oletrucks] Door Jamb Wire Loom

To: "Darrel Bunge" <dbunge@attbi.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Door Jamb Wire Loom
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:38:35 -0500
I've seen the sliding loom ones before. There is a stationary side that is
mounted to either the door or the jam with a small piece of pipe type
material probably 1/4 or 3/8 inch diameter. a matching hole with grommet on
the opposite side. The wires are run through the pipe and when the door
opens and closes the pipes slides through the grommet.
   Another option is a set of contacts that mate when the door is
closed--but you couldn't play music,roll down the window with the doors open.
   I'd stick with the sliding loom type you mentioned.   --wayne

At 11:46 AM 3/18/03 -0600, Darrel Bunge wrote:
>As I get ready to install door speakers, power door locks and power windows
>in my '47 AD, I'd like to know what others have found as the best way to run
>the wiring to the door.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of space between the
>front of the door and the body so I'm thinking some type of sliding loom
>might work.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>Darrel

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne