Re: [oletrucks] diesel

To: "mark" <ccpanel@jps.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] diesel
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 02:51:01 -0500
Not sure what this is about, BUT, IH makes most of their own Deisels, even
make the Ford ones! Models I don't know. Isn't there a door plate or one in
glovebox to give better info? At least HP, and size or ?
11mpg with 235 pulling big load don't seem that bad to me. For all the
trouble it will be to change over, and ruin the originality of your truck
(whatever it is) it's not worth it. Sell the old truck as is, buy something
else with more power and convenience, maybe a Deisel and be happy with that!
I'm sure your trans won't bolt up to Dsl, and mounts will have to be made,
rad won't be big enough, and won't fit in old truck space, and Dsl is much
heavier than six and need bigger springs and etc. etc. etc. OH, yeah, new
gas tank with dual fuel lines, not single like on gas engine. In and out
lines.
Hackers! Can't leave stuff alone can ya!

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors