Re: [oletrucks] Ding spots - covered by other sheet metal?

To: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>, oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Ding spots - covered by other sheet metal?
From: Bob Chansler <rchansl@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:07:05 -0600
Ryan,
If they're not too deep you can do as Lee recommends and just fill them. The
old method of dent pulling is to drill a hole in the metal and put a screw
in it and use a puller to pull the metal out. Then you have to fill the
hole. The new method is to weld pins to the metal with a stud welder, pull
out the dent with a puller, and then clip off pins. This new stud welder is
about $200 bucks so it may not be worth it for you to buy one just for one
job. Look at the Eastwood site as Devin recommends and you can see the stud
welder.
Not sure what the recommended maximum thickness is for body filler.
Bob Chansler