Re: [oletrucks] Obtaining a Title

To: "Alan Horvath" <alan@alanhorvath.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Obtaining a Title
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:36:37 -0500
Buy a different vehicle! One With a title.
Really, pretty slim chance of getting titles, have to check with your states
laws and requirements. Most will require a search of VIN and finding LAST
Registered owner and go from there. Sometimes last registered owner can get
duplicate title and sign over to you. This does not mean LAST owner(s), but
last Registered owner. The one who had last paperwork sent in. Lots of old
vehicles get passed around, and unless everyone did paperwork, they don't
count as owners. Sometimes you can go back and ask fella you got it from,
where he bought, then where that guy bought it, and so on to find the guy
yourself. Some states will dig in "Basement" archive paperwork on
Micro-fische to fine old registrations, but requires more time and fees to
do that, IF they even are willing to do. Course, if not from your State in
first place, not too good to get help. Do you have an old plate from the
car?? Sometimes can track down owner's that way. If not a very special
vehicle, not worth the Hassles you need to go through for one.

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors