Re: Electric Oil Pressure Guage

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric Oil Pressure Guage
From: GatesDavid <GatesDavid@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 20:04:12 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/98 12:54:34 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
tcarney@concentric.net writes:

> I suppose I would have to remove the existing oil pressure
>  warning switch but what do I replace it with?

You can go to your parts store and get a "T"  adapter for a couple of bucks.
Screw the "T" into the engine block, then attach the new sender to the "T".
Then, connect the old oil pressure warning switch to the other side of the
"T".  When I did mine, the "T" came in a kit with adapters to match the
different thread sizes if that is a problem.  This way you get the best of
both worlds, warning light and active pressure guage.  Its an easy upgrade and
well worth it for an older car.

David Gates
Hawaii
'73 Spit 1500