Re: Electric Oil Pressure Guage

To: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Subject: Re: Electric Oil Pressure Guage
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 12:08:46 -0400
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com wrote:

> Listers,
>
> BTW, would this same procedure work with one of the split gauges
> (oil pres./temp.)?  And is it simply a matter of replacing one
> of the existing gauges with a split guage?  (I know, I know,
> nothing is "simply" a matter of anything)
>
> Scott Barr
> scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
> 72 GT6
[snip]

Sure is Scott. I have had a dual gage in my Spit for about 18
years. Mechanical temp as well as mechanical oil pressure. T
off the oil sending unit, keeping the electrical oil pressure
sender for the idiot light. There is a gage, made by Smiths
that fits right in. I believe it is from a MGB. It really is
a "simple" conversion. Well, other than finding the right
adapter for the sending unit on the temp.

--
Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net