Clutch trouble

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch trouble
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 17:46:43 -0400
Freddy is acting up this week! First I noticed that the clutch felt "weird"
- when I push in on the pedal, the last bit of travel feels springy, like I
am pushing up against a bunch of foam rubber of something. Today I noticed
that there is a pronounced whirring - not quite a squeal - sound at the
same time. The sound occurs once I am into the "springy" feeling part of
the clutch travel. Shifting is still fine - no trouble getting into first
or reverse. Any ideas?? I am thinking throw out bearing is going. Freddy is
a 77 Spit with a 69 1300 motor.

TIA
Kevin Rhodes