Re: Re[2]: Spit safety question...

To: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole), spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Spit safety question...
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 07:33:50
I wont rehash everyone else's opinion on putting a child in a Spit.  I
would just say it probably is not the safest area in the world.  I however,
do often carry my two year old daughter in the passenger seat (she loves
the car, how could I say no).  I looked at putting a child seat behind the
seats, I even bought the seat and hardware to do it with, however I have
not done it because it does not fit well, it sits rather high and I am just
not that comfortable with it.  Kind of a go with your gut feeling sort of
thing, thought it might have been a good idea, i am not so convinced now.
Without any personal knowledge, it has been conveyed to me that Spits
actually hold up quite well in a frontal or rear collision, but awful in a
side impact. Just remember the most dangerous part of a car is the driver
(or other car's driver).  I can say what I do, and will do, and that is to
continue carrying my daughter, whom I hope will also build a love for the
cars, and drive as if the most precious cargo in the world was beside me
(it is).