Re: Triumph Panelwork

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumph Panelwork
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 22:15:51 EST
In a message dated 98-11-08 19:38:52 EST, jonmac@ndirect.co.uk writes:

<< What I'm trying to determine, is what is the likely demand for other
 similar assemblies OR component panels covering Spitfire / GT6 /
 Herald and TR4/A?

 Anyone like to throw in their thoughts by describing the sort of panels
 or part / complete structures they'd like to have IF they were
 available?

Well John
As some people on the lists already know, I have 2 1969 GT6+s (commision
seperated by only 2500 units) from which I fondly hope to build one good car.
The second car was acquired (thanks again Hugh) as a body tub donor for the
first. With a repalcement body tub , both cars could be restored (well, okay I
would
have to come up with another drivetrain) - I fear that manufactured
replacement
body tubs, however, would be too expensive to be of practical use, considering
the under appreciated market value of GT6s.
One might think that with people pulling the drive trains out of these cars
(GT6s)
and stuffing them into spits (the proverbial "Spit-6" or "6-fire" project)
that there
would be leftover GT6 body tubs just littering the landscape - so far it seems
that all the really good "straight, rust-free" ones are on the left coast of
our broad
expansive land  - too far on the other side of the fruited plain for me to run
fetch them.
So whats up John ? Are you saying someone might be considering manufacturing
other body tubs ?
Thanks !
Jack Mc
King of Prussia, PA