Re: Your Spitfire

To: "Ken Bertschy" <kentop@dakotacom.net>, "Atwell Haines" <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Your Spitfire
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:29:23 -0600
Ken, Atwell, and list...

to solve heat problems in the GT6 I used a product called Reflectix.  It is
essentially bubble packing with a reflective aluminuminuminum coating on
each side.  Seal the tunnel as best you can (use weatherstripping if
necessary) and then make a pattern for the tunnel and for under the carpets.
Install under the carpet and seal the pieces together with our secret
weapon - duct tape.

Reflectix reflects something like 90 percent of the heat and made the GT no
warmer than my VW GTI in the bad days of summer... before that I'd take the
GTI over the GT if it was above about 75 - 80 F.  Now  imay as well
de-register the VW for the summer.

You can get this stuff at Home Depot or other DIY stores.  It is marketed
for duct wrapping, water heaters, etc.  It comes in many widths but $20
worth of any combination should do you.

Dave T
Winterpeg