Re: poor start

To: bj_martin@hotmail.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: poor start
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:21:42 EST
In a message dated 98-11-12 10:07:53 EST, bj_martin@hotmail.com writes:

> I'm pretty sure the battery is gone but is
>  there an easy way to check to see if I have a short that is draining the
>  battery between drives? (please respond in simple terms as I'm an
>  electrical idiot but I do have a multimeter)

Brent,

Probably the easist way is to just disconnect the ground cable from the
battery the next time you park the car for a while. Reconnect it when you go
back to use the car again, and see if the battery is low. If so, it's the
battery, if not, then you will need to look for a drain. Removing the cable
will completely eliminate any leakage possibility (unless the battery is so
dirty and greasy that there is a leak accross the top of the case).

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74