Re: poor start

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: poor start
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 00:55:46 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: John T. Blair <jblair@exis.net>
To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Date: 13 November 1998 03:27

>If you battery is 4-5 yrs old, I'd start by replacing it.  No questions!!!
>If it isn't really dying yet, it will tomorrow, nor next week.  Probably
>at the most inopertune time.  I don't remember the last time I got 4 yrs
>to a battery.

4-5 years is an OK life for a battery, but get one made by the Japanese
Battery Co, Try Japanese Car dealers untill you get exactly that make.
These ones are a tiny bit more expensive, but you should get 9-12 years out
of them.  Value.   Next don't get the old 40 AH batterys, when 55 ot 60 are
the same size as the orriginal 40 AH ones.  This will give you batter
cranking current, which realy helps.

Alternaltivly one of thoes deals that they garanty the battery for as long
as you own the car.