Re: Hot or not?

To: <SpitfireKP@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Hot or not?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 01:04:49 -0000
Kris

All of what Joe Curry has submitted to you on this point - plus
REVERSE flush the radiator and heater matrix and play a high pressure
hose on the main radiator matrix from the rear. Best done with the
rad out of the car. My Spitfire showed similar probs some years back
and I took the tip of an old friend before finally flushing out the
whole water system. Try some of that kettle de-furring stuff - I put
it in my engine and put a brick on the accelerator to about 3000rpm
and kept it there for about half an hour.

Worked a treat, tho I did treat the car to a complete set of new
hoses and a new water pump - but the filth that came out !!!!!!! I
think that was most of the problem.

John Mac