Re: CD player / FM modulator

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: CD player / FM modulator
From: "Michael Thomas" <mathomas@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:42:54 -0500
I took the "amp in the trunk, 6x9 speakers behind the seats" option with my
Spitfire.  Instead of buying an in-dash CD player, I wired in my portable CD
player (w/ anti-shock memory) by providing a 1/8" signal line and the
necessary power outlet for the player.

Downsides:
1/ unplugging and removing the portable is a bit of a pain, but I have a
single coupler that provides power and signal
2/ longish length of low-level signal wire to the amp is presently picking
up noise from the alternator, so more shielding is planned for winter
repairs.

Upsides:
1/ cheap, since I alread owned the CD player
2/ CD player has multiple uses
3/ no worries about stuff getting stolen, wet, etc.
4/ no problems with cutting holes for stereo, etc.

Just providing another alternative...

Mike.