Re: CD player / FM modulator

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: CD player / FM modulator
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 13:56:33
Brad,  there are two different types of what you are describing.  One is a
transmitter that transmits to an FM band and you tune your radio to.  These
are less in number and are the least favorable.  They tend to give poor
reception.

The other which I believe is what you are speaking of inserts a FM
modulator into the antenna cable leading to the car stereo and you tune
your radio to that particular freq.  This actually works quite well.  The
downside is it no longer is a digital transmission and you loose the "CD
Quality"  but it is just as if you were playing a tape in a tape deck (If
you can notice the difference, you are better than I am).  Since it is a
direct and physical connection quality of reception  is not an issue.  Best
of luck.

Patrick Bowen

At 09:01 AM 12/1/98 -0600, Brad Kahler wrote:
>Listers,
>
>Would any of you have any experience using CD changers that use an FM
>modulator to broadcast a signal to the FM radio in your car?
>
>If so, how well do they work?
>
>Any problems?
>
>TIA
>Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
>My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs
>
>1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- 1973 Spitfire 1500 FM3353U
>1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1959 TR3A TS41311L
>1951 Dodge Truck B-3-B-108

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL