Re: rubber

To: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: rubber
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 10:21:21 -0500
Kevin,

If you are talking about the rubber bases for the US spec side-marker
lights, they are only available with the complete lamp assembly (at $75 to
$90 a corner - or buy the set from SpitBits for only $240! <ouch>).

There ARE bases available for some of the other cars that used those lamps
, but they don't fit the unique contours of the Spitfire body. :(  I know
-- I tried some.

I have been forced to use a bit of black silicone on mine, to prevent the
metal trims from falling off.   HEY! Never mind the seats, how about
someone making these things for us?

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire - with good seats but yukky sidemarker light rubber.