Re: rubber

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: rubber
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 17:40:17 -0500
I don't know if anybody is interested in spearheading a reproduction effort.
I was looking for the rubber that goes around the side curtains on my Morgan.
It has changed over the years and the new stuff doesn't fit the older
curtains.

Anyway, I sent a company a small sample and they said that they could
reproduce
it and gave me a quote.

Then I queried the Morgan mailing list trying to come up with enough orders
to make the min. order.  I think we could do the same thin here, especially
if we had good one to send to one of the rubber companies.

The Co. I used was:

   Technical Specialties Co. Inc.
   2415 Destiny Way, Suite 3
   Odessa, Fl.  33556
       (800) 874-0877

You might also try:

     Metro Molded Parts Inc
     1610 Jay Street
     Minneapolis, Mn. 55433
        (612) 757-0310

or Steel Rubber.

and if anyone is interested in spearheading this, count me in for 4 to 8.

John

---------------

At 11:48 AM 12/9/98, Patrick Bowen  wrote:

>Believe it or not Atwell, I have been spending some time trying to devise a
>method to create these.  as soon as I come up with a way I will contact my
>merchandiser (Joe Curry) ;^)
>

>At 10:21 AM 12/9/98 -0500, Atwell Haines wrote:
>>Kevin,
>>
>>If you are talking about the rubber bases for the US spec side-marker
>>lights, they are only available with the complete lamp assembly (at $75 to
>>$90 a corner - or buy the set from SpitBits for only $240! <ouch>).
>>
>>There ARE bases available for some of the other cars that used those lamps
>>, but they don't fit the unique contours of the Spitfire body. :(  I know
>>-- I tried some.
>>
>>I have been forced to use a bit of black silicone on mine, to prevent the
>>metal trims from falling off.   HEY! Never mind the seats, how about
>>someone making these things for us?
>>
>>Atwell Haines
>>'79 Spitfire - with good seats but yukky sidemarker light rubber.
>>
>>At 06:55 AM 12/9/98 -0600, KEVIN EDDINS wrote:
>>>Last I looked, about a year ago, I could find no place that carried the
>>>rubber for the side lamps of a '79 Spitfire.  Does anyone know where I
>>>might be able to find this?  Preferably in the US.  If handy, could you let
>>>me know a round-about price.
>>>

>Patrick Bowen
>'79 Spitfire
>Jacksonville FL