RE: air shocks on a '79 (Auto Zone)

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: air shocks on a '79 (Auto Zone)
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:29:25 -0600
>From the article in VTR, it appears that they are legal.  From my street
>experience with my '77, I feel that it actually handles worse in the corners
>when the shocks are aired up.  Of course, I installed the air shocks and set
>the pressure to level the car. (and help support my bulk!)

I intend to race my '77 Spit starting this coming spring and I plan an reducing
the air pressure for racing to give more negative camber in the rear as well as
adjusting the front end camber to negative.    The author of the VTR article
says that he increases the pressure for auto-x to stiffen the suspension.  I
haven't seen that as a problem on my '77.

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'