Re: Do I need help?! Another Spitfire Prospect!!

To: "Leon Guyot" <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Do I need help?! Another Spitfire Prospect!!
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 09:39:37 -0000
> > Brian, I can't tell you how or how not to buy, but, you are
exactly
> > correct when you think 4K is high. Is it needs nothing and I mean
> > nothing, then 4K is close to being in line.

If the car is truly a rust
> free stand up car with overdrive and a real red one then the price
is
> probably close to being right - especially if it comes with the
optional
> hardtop!

Hi, Leon

How are the Wombles?

These two snipped threads are of some amazement to me. They border on
the fact that these guys probably don't know they are born in terms
of good fortune. For comparative purposes, what would an equivalent
Condition 1 1980 Spitfire go for in the UK? On an exchange rate of
Quid 1 = US$1.65 this means these guys are talking about 2500
sterling. For that matter, a guideline price in quids or bucks for a
1968 Mk 3 1300 hard/soft top in rust free original white, overdrive
and a genuine 37000 miles would be of more than passing interest to
me.
Lubenham suggested my GT6 Mk II (admittedly an oddball in rust free
original Valencia, black LEATHER, GENUINE walnut ex factory
instrument panel and 28,000miles) O/D on 2, 3, 4 with a 3.27 diff is
worth around 6500 quid or US$11,000.

As these two babies are now mothballed in another location in France
awaiting a return to UK, I think its time I jacked up the fire /
theft insurance cover while in store. Something tells me they are
currently rather undervalued.

John