Re:List postings suggestion

To: Growe58@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:List postings suggestion
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 18:36:25 -0500
At 07:23 AM 4/1/99 EST, Growe58@aol.com wrote:

>Another vote for Eric's proposal - I couldn't agree more.  Thanks for
bringing
>it up!

My .02:

I like Dean's suggestion that the original 'question poster' summarize the
tips/solutions received (one email that way) and what actually fixed the
problem/answered the question. Of course, once a Spitfire is running well
we spend less time at the keyboard and more time behind the steering wheel,
don't we?  [I know I do!]

>On a related topic, I see very few "non-technical" posts.  Should we have
more
>anecdotal posts about spitfire related events, roadside breakdown stories,
>stupid
>questions about the car from the public in the mall parking lot, summaries of
>great drives etc?  Any interest from the list on that?

Well, Greg, in my other identity as a mild-mannered Activities Chairman for
a great metropolitan Triumph club, I would certainly be willing to post
notices of upcoming events: Britcar shows, driving tours, tech sessions
(we're having a corker on Sat April 10th on how to set up a home
garage/workshop).   But I never have, as they only are relevant to those in
the NYC area.

Comments?

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire