Re: Spit wiper motor ??

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit wiper motor ??
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:23:16 GMT
Hi John,

On my 1980 1500 the wiper parking switch is located outside the motor - it is
made out of translucent plastic and just clips easily into place.  When in place
it doesn't look like anything more than a wire connector.

When I bought my Spit the wipers worked just fine - except you couldn't shut
them off without turning the car off (at the precise second the wipers reached
the park position).  A new parking switch fixed the problem completely.

Cheers,

Neil
1980 Spitfire 1500 (Emma Peel)