TR 7 convertible ??

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 7 convertible ??
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:59:10 GMT
Hi All,

We visited friends yesterday at the far end of the Fraser Valley on Sunday.
 Sitting in the driveway beside their elegant log house, surrounded by tall
evergreens and  beside  a roaring river was a beautiful TR7 convertible (ok,
drop head coupe for the rest of you).

The car is currently a daily driver, has original paint, no obvious rust and
looks in great shape.  Our friend who owns it admits that it is not the most
practical daily transport and that she may sell it a ways down the road. She
bought it locally from the original owner a few months ago.

Smitten, I asked her to call me when that day arrives.  So, am I completely
crazy?  I know the reputation but is it that bad?  Is the parts situation
similar
to Spits? All thoughts/advice most appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil
1980 Spitfire 1500 (Emma Peel)