Re: a few questions

To: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>,
Subject: Re: a few questions
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:46:13
Chris, from what I have found Spitbits has the best floorpans, they are
exact replicas have all the hole and nuts inplace and there is no extra
work involved, VB's are cheasy - only 1 1/2 inch deep (they should be about
3) the curves are off and they do not have any of the reequired holes or
nots attached to them.
BTW they cost the same from both people.

POR-1 is a good protectant but is a nightmare to work with.  very hard coat
but it takes hour and hours to dry, your paint brush can only be used once
and unless you pay alot extra (then only for semi-gloss) is a high gloss
paint.

No idea about rimmer, sorry.

Patrick

At 06:35 PM 4/18/99 -0500, Chris Pappathopoulos wrote:

>1. When ordering from Rimmer in the US do you have to pay any import
>duties or anything special over ordering from parts houses in the
>states?
>
>2. I remember reading that VB's floor boards were no good. Who has the
>best ones?
>
>3. What is the best primer to use on the floorboards? I think I've read
>that PQR-15 or something like that is very good. Who makes this?
>
>Thanks
>Chris Pappathopoulos

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire