RE: idle increase

To: "'Simmons, Reid W'" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Subject: RE: idle increase
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 07:04:21 -0600

The increasing vacuum in the tank is due to a plug in your EGR system,
there's a vent tube coming off of the filler (under the rear cowl, and
behind the fuel tank. you can (possibly ) get to it with a screwdriver from
there, but it runs to the left rear fender well from the filler neck.  If
you want to test this, disconnect it from the charcoal canister in the left
rear fender, and drive it a long distance. The charcoal canisters, etc. of
the EGR system can become clogged after 20 some odd years of fuel (good and
bad) gong through them.
Mark Haynes
'65 SPIT RMVR#162