Re: Putting away the toy for the winter

To: "Bowley, Glenn (GC CT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Subject: Re: Putting away the toy for the winter
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:04:44 -0400
Glenn, I have no problem with what has worked for you in the past. In the
Spring, put your nose to the gas tank and take a whiff. You will notice a
definite change in the smell of the gasoline. The light components evaporate off
and the heavy stuff coagulates. The heavy stuff shows up as "varnish" deposits
in the fuel system, and affects passages in the carb. It can also cause valves
in the carb and fuel pump to stick.

You really have two choices. Drain everything completely dry or fill up and use
stabilizer. In fact some, people argue that you should not fill up completely so
that you can top up with fresh fuel in the Spring.

The car and my boats get the partial fill and stabilizer routine. My lawnmower
gets the run-dry routine.

Vic W.