Re: Putting away the toy for the winter

To: David Stewart <dstewar1@twcny.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Putting away the toy for the winter
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:24:06 -0500
I'm working on my 63 Spit and it'll probably be the middle of winter when I
finish it.  I'll drive it with the top down here in South Centrl Texas :-}

In your case, I would raise the tires off the floor with blocks. They tend to
get a flat spot when left sitting . Had that happen to my pickup that I let set
for about 10 months. When I drove it again there was a noticably Plunk plunk
plunk

Pat 63 Spit

David Stewart wrote:

> I'm storing my 1980 Spitfire for the winter for the first time.  I'm storing
> it in an unheated building, with concrete floors.  Any favorite tips from
> the more experienced in the group?
>
> TIA,
> David Stewart
> Brewerton, NY