Re: Putting away the toy for the winter

To: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: Putting away the toy for the winter
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:01:26 -0400
At 09:24 PM 10/19/99 -0500, Patrick Baize wrote:

>In your case, I would raise the tires off the floor with blocks. They tend to
>get a flat spot when left sitting . Had that happen to my pickup that I
let set
>for about 10 months. When I drove it again there was a noticably Plunk plunk
>plunk

Pat,
Rather than jacking the car (which could stress bushings and such) it is
good to inflate the tires to the max pressure indicated on the sidewall for
storage. If you have room, rolling the car a foot or two to change the tire
position is good too.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA
"If you mixed vodka with orange juice and milk of magnesia, would you get a
Phillips Screwdriver?"