Re: Putting away the toy for the winter

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Putting away the toy for the winter
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:24:06 -0700
> You forgot the occasional riot or drive-by shooting.  In the right area's
of
> course.

I was reading that there are gang problems and drive bys in places like
Lincoln Nebraska and Kansas City (but then again, KC has a history of being
a Mafia regional headquarters-since the 20s and 30s)-go to the right area in
any urban center and you can get hurt.

> You're more likely to get hit by car chase.  California is the car chase,

I've go to L.A. all the time-and the only car chase (though not terribly
dramatic and/or exciting) was on PCH between Seal Beach and Sunset Beach.

> bank robbing capital of the world.

This is true-hell, have of the bank robbings, they don;t even show on tv
news anymore!-note-it's L.A. though that has the dubious distinction of
being bank robbery capital. And L.A. is a BIG place.

 Hence the new slogan "as seen on TV".
> You might even see your car on the show 'America's funniest Police
> Beatings'.

When they don't have footage from New Orleans or someplace!

Laura  G.