Re: Blacked-out rear valence

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blacked-out rear valence
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:47:11 EDT
Ol' Blue, my 72 (Rust in Peace), had the black out rear.  I believe that it
was a flat black and was definitely stock for that year.  Does it look
good?  Enh (imagine me making a non-committal type sound), I guess
it depends on the body color.  It looked OK with the dark blue that I
had.  Initially the body colored rear looked strange to me - being used to
the black, but I've definitely come to prefer the body color.

Why don't you take a digital picture of your car and use a graphics
program to repaint the rear black and see what you think?

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire - all red
72 Spitfire - blue and black (and rusty all over...)