Re: Oil Leak

To: Patrick Bowen <pabowen@mediaone.net>, Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil Leak
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 04:49:48 -0700 (PDT)
To keep you from overtightening and stripping the
threads in the plate.

Craig, make sure the oil leak is not from the dipstick
tube. Remove the dipstick, block the hole (a sharpened
pencil wrapped with a piece of paper towel, whatever),
then use engine cleaner to get rid of the existing oil
from the leak. If that stops the leak, you probably
have pressure in the crankcase, likely from emissions
control hardware, (hoses, PCV, etc.).

Let us know, other list memebers have solutions that
I'm sure they will share. (I cheated on mine, and just
made up a leakproof dipstick)

Carter

http://invites.yahoo.com