Re: Oil Leak

To: CraigS@iewc.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Leak
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:21:34 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/2000 9:01:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
CraigS@iewc.com writes:

> t slowed the oil down a little but it still is pumping out. I don't
>  understand how this sucker can do it unless the gasket is not seated.
>  The engine has had a complete rebuild with new gaskets etc. The engine has
>  less that 500 miles on it. I thought about kicking the mechanics ass but
>  it's my ass !

Sounds like your mechanic screwed up.  Make him fess up.

Take the cover off and do it over, use some gasket sealant on both sides
(especially around the bolt holes) and pay attention when you put it back
together. Permatex #2 is my favorite.

The screws are for the holes that seat in the front plate only.  They worked
until the engine was rebuilt, right? So if it was done right they would still
work.

What a pain, right?
Clark

"If it's not fun, why do it?" Ben & Jerry
Clark W. Nicholls
CWNicholls@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/CWNicholls
fax: 419-844-7564 (yes, 419)