Fwd: Lights on - Tacho off!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Lights on - Tacho off!
From: RC1NUKE@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:12:31 EDT

--part1_b2.4098866.262f18cf_boundary

From: RC1NUKE@aol.com
Full-name: RC1NUKE
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:11:39 EDT
Subject: Re: Lights on - Tacho off!
To: td214@cam.ac.uk

Mine does it sometimes when I use my turn signals. I think I have a pinched
wire that pulls excessive current when I use the turn signals (wire partially
shorted to ground). This causes heating at the poor connection of the fuse in
the fuse box causing the fuse to fuse holder connection to open and power to
everything from that fuse down to go away. When it happens I can reach down
to where the wires come out of the fuse box in the car and pull on them, this
usually restores the Tach (and tepm/gas gauges ) to operation.

--part1_b2.4098866.262f18cf_boundary--