RE: master cylinder exchange

To: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>, jmcneal <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: RE: master cylinder exchange
From: "James F. Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:38:30 -0400
>===== Original Message From "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com> =====
>Gang,
>
>Installing servos will not improve the performance of your braking, it will
only
>mean that you require less pedal pressure to get the same performance.
>
>Personally, I find the stock brakes on a Spit more than adequate - with
effort,
>I can get them to lock up at 30mph on a dry road.  Improving them any more
will
>only make them lock up easier.  Of course, this doesn't apply if you're
racing
>your Spit - in that case upgrading to GT6 brakes would probably be
worthwhile,
>IM(V)HO.
>
>Dean
>

>Right you are, Jeff. Didn't think about that. Anybody ever run one of those?
>I don't know much about them. Do they rob some power?
I agree Dean, that the Spitfire brakes should be adequate and adding a assist
feature would be less than necessary.  I think my biggest concern is immediacy
of braking, which increased pressures won't fix.  The big change I need is
better shoes (brake shoes, my floor boards are now solid...) and SS lines.
This would do the trick, although a bias valve would be nice to slip into the
system somewhere...

jim