Re: master cylinder exchange

To: jmcneal@ohms.com, tshirley@vol.com, jfl@neoucom.edu,
Subject: Re: master cylinder exchange
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:44:29 +0100

Gang,

Installing servos will not improve the performance of your braking, it will only
mean that you require less pedal pressure to get the same performance.

Personally, I find the stock brakes on a Spit more than adequate - with effort,
I can get them to lock up at 30mph on a dry road.  Improving them any more will
only make them lock up easier.  Of course, this doesn't apply if you're racing
your Spit - in that case upgrading to GT6 brakes would probably be worthwhile,
IM(V)HO.

Dean

Right you are, Jeff. Didn't think about that. Anybody ever run one of those?
I don't know much about them. Do they rob some power?

Tom Shirley - Chattanooga, TN
http://www.geocities.com/baddogracing/